The Price of Adventure (Game Jam)
Please play using Firefox. Chrome is blurring the text on the canvas!
The game will (hopefully) be an retro adventure that resembles a gameboy game in style (and resolution).
During the development it will have (many) bugs, so if the game does not load, please try again later.
HOW TO PLAY:
- The game runs better in another window or tab.
- Use the ARROWS keys or WASD keys to control the character.
- Use Z, X, SpaceBar, ESC and ENTER as action keys, as if
- A = X or Space
- B = Z or ESC
- Start = Enter
- (sounds complicated but it will be natural for any emulator players :))
- The objective? See how much money you can gain by any means.
- The game has a story, but because of remaining time I will focus on the Casino Arena Stages, so, the story may appear incomplete. You can interact with the NPCs to learn more about the background story of the game.
- You can save anytime when not in the arena, just press Start (Enter) to select the option.
- For the Brazilian users: The game are translated to Brazilian Portuguese, just select the language in the options menu.
- For the English speaking users: Sorry for any grammar error, English is not my main language. :)
- All the sprites of the game are made by me or by my wife (thanks darling!)
- The sound effects are made using https://www.bfxr.net/
- The fonts used are all made free by their creators, I left the link and the name of the author in the corresponding json files.
- Thanks to the repl.it team for giving me this opportunity.
- And thanks to everyone who encouraged me to continue. :)
- If you use a very famous combination cheat code, you can access the debug menu and see all the stages and rooms (even unfinished ones), just remember that B = Z and A = X.
Amazing game, but I died when I entered the slot machine (I fought in the arena once and had $42).
good game but, I have a problem when I start the game and I walk into the door the screen fades and I can't play nothing happens the screen is just green