Study.com Paywall Bypass
This is a python program that can get past the paywall for study.com lessons. Basically automates inspecting the page and removing all of the "hidden" tags.
How to use:
1. Go to https://studycom-paywall-bypass--uniqueostrich18.repl.co/
2. Enter in a study.com url (such as https://study.com/academy/lesson/social-class-in-early-china-aristocrat-farmer-craftsman-merchant.html)
3. Hit "submit"
4. Wait a moment for the gray box covering the content to disappear.
5. The lesson transcript on the page should be completely visible now.
- This will only work on lesson transcripts. It does not unlock the videos.
- All the links still go to study.com
This is pretty nice! I haven't done much work with requests but does the program extract the HTML, CSS, and JS from the article and render it on the repl without certain classes? I'd love to learn more about this!
Also study.com is not very smart leaving the hidden content on the client-side instead of a server :)
@UniqueOstrich18 also, sorry if I'm advertising, but could you take a look at this project? It'll mean a lot to me! https://repl.it/talk/share/Uptime-Robot-API-READ-DESCRIPTION-FOR-USAGE-INSTRUCTIONS/29884