Minecraft Java 1.16.4 server running entirely on repl.it
I made a python script that installs a Minecraft server on repl.it. It includes a Flask server that can be used to check the latest IP address of the server, since it uses ngrok. All you have to do to set it up is to fork the repl and run it.
To join a server created using this method, simply go to the repl's web server url, copy the IP, and join the server in the latest version of Minecraft (1.16.4). A demo is available at https://Minecraft-Server.uniqueostrich18.repl.co.
How to set up:
1. Create a ngrok account at https://ngrok.com/ and copy your api key.
2. Fork this repl: https://repl.it/@UniqueOstrich18/Minecraft-Server-fork-this#run.py
3. Run it and follow the prompts
- It will be very laggy. This isn't supposed to be playable, just a proof of concept.
- When you put your ngrok token in token.txt, it get deleted the next time you run the program.
- This script isn't perfect, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve it, tell me in the comments.
- Non hacker accounts will not work hosting the server, since there is not enough memory.
- Web server is marked "insecure" by chrome, just click "visit this unsafe site"
edit: got 2 upvotes in an hour this is a record