Hidden Password Manager
Hello! I've created a...
I have created a password manager that you can all download and use on your computers. This password manager is disguised as a web browser(using webbot).
- Install the necessary modules by navigating to the program's directory in Terminal or Command Prompt. Now run this command (can also be found in README.txt)
pip install -r requirements.txt.
- Run the program -
- When asked to enter a website, type
https://password.com. Anything else will open up a web browser and go to the entered website.
- Enter the password specified in the
.envfile. You will need to view invisible files to see the
.envfile. On macOS use the keyboard shortcut
⌘ + ⇧ + ., for Windows, there is an option in Windows Explorer to view invisible files. Edit the password by replacing the contents with
- Use the program! When using it for the first time, it will generate a
key.keyfile. If you delete or modify this, you will not be able to decrypt your passwords.
- Check the encryption by visiting the
passwords.txtfile that generates when you add a password.
- Keep your passwords safe!
- If you have any suggestions for improvements, put them in the comments below and I'll read every comment!
For some reason this project doesn't work on Replit... Resolved - Just a typo
Got ideas for other programs? Let me know in the comments below!
svg files cannot be displayed: https://replanalytics.repl.co/track/03b5cf51-452b-4a5d-afaf-45b6d842a3de/empty.svg