BeatKeeper - Make a rhythm game out of literally any song
Although I did all the coding on this game, I have to give a huge thank you to the p5.js and JsMediaTags libraries for making my life easier in both the frontend and the backend. Also, thanks to Vexento for the home screen music.
BeatKeeper is a game that allows you to upload any song you like and it will create a rhythm game in real time.
I put a lot of work into the game, adding features such as:
- Real-time audio analysis and beat detection
- Music visualization using the Fast Fourier Transform
- Upload any mp3, wav, or ogg file to the server
- Auto-delete files older than one hour
- Song title and artist auto-recognition
- Adaptive treble threshold
- and more!
I'm going to keep updating BeatKeeper until the deadline. I would really appreciate if you could play the game and let me know what you think. Keep in mind that not all songs will work well with this. The best possible songs (as proven in the demo) are loud, with a well-defined beat.