CNAME records, CloudFlare, Freenom, and disappointment
First of all, I set up a Freenom domain (free domain, if you want to know). I used CloudFlare to set up the CNAME records, and the target was the custom domain Repl.it allows you to set.
But then, a plot twist happened: It wasn't reading the record. I've set it up perfectly with no errors. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
You can remove CloudFlare nameservers and use Freenom DNS. I used it and it works fine. If you don't use because of the CNAME records that can be blank, than you can use the following:
- Get the URL what you get from repl.it to connect with a CNAME record.
- Open the Command Prompt (on Windows don't know how Mac works...)
- Type 'nslookup [Put here the link]'
- You will see the next in the Command Prompt
- Copy the IP Address by 'Non-authoritative answer'.
- Set a A-Record, leave the name blank and set the target to the IP Address.
(Really works. I did it on other websites from me.)