CNAME records, CloudFlare, Freenom, and disappointment

First of all, I set up a Freenom domain (free domain, if you want to know). I used CloudFlare to set up the CNAME records, and the target was the custom domain allows you to set.

But then, a plot twist happened: It wasn't reading the record. I've set it up perfectly with no errors. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

You are viewing a single comment. View All

You can remove CloudFlare nameservers and use Freenom DNS. I used it and it works fine. If you don't use because of the CNAME records that can be blank, than you can use the following:

  1. Get the URL what you get from to connect with a CNAME record.
  2. Open the Command Prompt (on Windows don't know how Mac works...)
  3. Type 'nslookup [Put here the link]'
  4. You will see the next in the Command Prompt
  5. Copy the IP Address by 'Non-authoritative answer'.
  6. Set a A-Record, leave the name blank and set the target to the IP Address.
    (Really works. I did it on other websites from me.)

@LuukWalstra tried this, didn't work. The site loaded right away instead of taking forever, but it still came back not found. As for the difference between Mac and Windows, on Mac you open Terminal instead of CMD, the rest is the same.


@LuukWalstra Same issue with ScieneandTecha, still the site can't be reached. (Btw for people who use chromebook, open crosh and use the "ping" comand)