What is the most effective way of learning code.
Hey, I am Rauf and I am new python learner.
Learn with tutorials they are really good. In my experience as a coder the best sites are w3school, programiz and sololearn. I would stay away from stack overflow and geeks for geeks while trying to learn a language, but if your refreshing on stuff then they will be fine.
Try always having something to code. I suggest starting with a short text adventure game or even better a quiz. Then once you get a bit better try making a Caesar Cipher. I made one and it wasn't too hard, I have two versions on GitHub that you can look at for some help.
Make sure you keep talking and asking questions in repl talk.
Have fun and good coding! :D
Learn with tutorials (you can find some cool ones in the
tutorials board or by searching for them on the internet). Some good sites are W3 schools, Stackoverflow, or Geeks for geeks. When you need help, don't be afraid to ask, but google it first! :)
Also try to code a bit every day, use comments/good code technique.
And check out the
share board for ideas of what to make, here are some (those you can't do can still give you inspiration):
- choice making game
- quiz (like harry potter quiz, math quiz, star wars quiz)
- personality quiz (like which house are you in HP, are you a nerd/jock/popular/idiot etc)
- tic tac toe
- dice rolling game
- name/place/idea/story generator
- HTML webpage about yourself
- text based adventure game
- simulator (Life sim, cooking sim, teacher sim, fighting sim, etc.)
- hotel managment game
- game like Among Us
- game like Scribble
- typing test
- tycoon game (idle factory game, idle miner game, idle city game)
- minecraft but simpler
- ascii art/animation
- url shortener
- board game (monopoly, uno, risk, game of life, etc)
- site like another site (site like repl.it, google, amazon)
- clicker game
- make a tutorial about something you know well of
If you need more ideas, you can just google on the internet "program ideas"; here are some results:
You can also join the repl.it discord server here to ask questions.
Good luck, and have fun! :D