Next.js on replit keeps running out of memory
I am making the frontend of a fullstack web app with next.js typescript using a template and my repl keeps crashing and running out of memory when I try to run it.
I am learning full-stack web development with Nodejs and my idea was that I would make the backend in one repl, and the frontend in the other.
After making the backend, I moved on to making the frontend with Next.JS. However, I wanted to use typescript with it, so I used a Next.JS starter typescript template. When starting my repl, I just cloned a blank repo from github and then chose typescript in my
Anyway, when I tried running the
yarn dev command, the repl worked properly. I was able to start development and things were going good. The next day, when I tried doing the exact same thing, the command failed with error 137 (running out of memory) :(.
I looked for a Next.js template on replit because I assumed they would be faster, but I only found one for
I also deleted some of my old repls, so it really shouldn't be my repl storage.
Does anyone know why a starter
next.jstemplate is crashing on repl.it ( is this a bug )? What happens when you guys press the run button on my repl?
Is there any way to use a next.js typescript template on repl.it? What do you use for making next.js on replit
PS: PLEASE WORK I NEED HELP LOL. Also, tell me if I was unclear on anything.
It looks like you have a free account rather than a Hacker one. This means you will only be able to access limited resources such as CPU and RAM. Maybe this is why you are running out of memory.
I have decided to switch to codesandbox for next.js projects. They have optimization for next.js and
node_modules in general. Also,
repl.it lacks typescript stuff and types support. I still LOVE
repl.it, but it sorta sucks for next.js from my experience. (I might be wrong on this but the following paragraph explains why I believe so)
Yes, I did have success with the template on repl.it, but then odd errors came up related to
npm packages. It kept on saying that webpack was missing a certain library which
chakra-ui depends on called
@emotion/core. When I installed
@emotion/core, it said that
@emotion/core has been renamed to
@emotion/react. When I installed
@emotion/react, another error came up which I couldn't remember. After spending a couple of hours debugging the issue, I decided to switch to code sandbox, and to my surprise everything worked like butter!
PS: Accepting your answer cause it helped and you were correct...
Ughhh I wish... I don't have access to a PC right now because I am travelling, I am doing stuff on chromebook. Having an environment on a PC is almost always better for running stuff like this. SIGH
I can imagine how nice it is to have a Linux environment.
Thanks for all the help!