Disco-py (NOT discord.py) bot template + extra features!
Disco-py bot template!
This is a working bot that is set up and ready to be used as a template. You will need to learn how to use disco-py, not discord.py to build with it. Disco-py has a number of advantages, including:
- It uses gevent instead of asyncio, which is compatible with everything, and much faster even with uvloop.
- Built-in flask support, write your bot and bot's website side-by-side
- Super fast voice support (not available on repl.it (yet!), but neither is discord.py's voice support)
- Builtin config system makes customization easy
- Awesome command handling syntax (or make your own!)
- And much, much more!
One downside is, that at the moment documentation is sparse, but that's what makes it fun! Learn disco-py, and you become better overall with understanding how the discord API works. This template comes with 3 builtin commands and a website to setup uptimerobot. The commands are as follows:
- ping (Responds with the millisecond delay between when the message was created and we received it)
- flip (Flips a coin, returns the result)
remindme (Sends a reminder after a specified amount of time, and saves the reminder in a database in case the bot restarts)
Besides the commands, I also added a few features to make bot development easier!
Created a paginator class that can be used to send embeds that have multiple pages, great for long lists.
- Builtin help command that will take the help docs from a command's docstring.
- Added member, time, and channel_id data types to the command argument parser
An easy to use database system using jesterdb, very similar to SQLAlchemy.
If you have any questions, be sure to let me know! Enjoy! I can't wait to see what you guys make. If you want to test your bots with other people, you can do so on the repl.it discord.