dupl.kit - Real time collaborative text editor!
repl.it? Never heard of it.
dupl.kit is where its at
(this is a repl clone im working on im not actually trying to make an official online IDE.
P.S repl pls hire me lol)
This is a live multi user text editor!
What it does:
- multi user cursors! (credit to @marcusweinberger we worked on this together)
- the global files can be edited by anyone live! and at the time of writing this they do not run code just yet.
- the local files can only be seen and edited by you and can be run! they are stored in your local storage so you wont lose them logging out
How it works:
The server handles all operations made to the document while keeping it synchronised with all clients!
I did this by making my own operational transformations algorithm to make concurrent document edits always produce the same result
An operational transformation takes a document (you can think of it a string) plus a position within that document and either modifies the document at that position or skips to a new position. That’s it!
The client sends the keyboard input as operations to the server like this:
- the py, html, js and css files will actually run in your browser!
- live chat just like repls is in the works!