Rob the Bank
Rob the Bank!
Note: this is still the first revision of our game! All that's really been implemented are the graphics and a few interactions. Check back soon for more interesting gameplay!
Hey everyone! A few of my friends and I have been working on this game for the March 2019 Repl.it Game Jam, and we're super excited to give you guys a chance to try it out!
We started working on it with the start of the Game Jam, on March 18th. We each have various amounts of coding experience, and we've been able to use our skills in different areas to hopefully give you a really fun game. After a bit of discussion, we decided to use Phaser 3, an HTML5 game framework that's super versatile and easy to use. Go check it out if you haven't heard of it!
Inspired by the theme of this year's Game Jam, cash, we decided to make an RPG game based around robbing a bank. The storyline is still in development, but hopefully the mechanics and ambience make it worth a play! Check back for updates in the future.
Got any suggestions or caught any bugs? Let us know in the comments below! Your support is genuinely appreciated.
Get money. Oh, and stay alive. ;)
How to Play
Use WASD or arrow keys to move. Press enter into interact with objects and NPCs. You can use
objects to get your way into the bank, but once you do, be careful!
Since us high schoolers are all avid gamers, a couple games we based ours off of are:
We recommend you go and check them out as well!
In the future...
This game is nowhere near complete! If I had more time I would put a lot more effort into the following things:
- More of a storyline
- Cool items and stuff!
- NPCs that actually move
- Saving, and player customization
- Dying and more mechanics stuff-- let us know what you want to see!
(If I've forgotten somebody/something, just let me know.)
- Assets: https://kenney.nl/assets
- Music: Staying Positive by spinningmerkaba (c) copyright 2019 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial (3.0) license. http://dig.ccmixter.org/files/jlbrock44/59438 Ft: greg_baumont
- Modular Game Worlds in Phaser 3
- The amazing coding community! You guys are the best! Code on!