World's Hardest Word Game (Can you even get one?)
What is it?
The world's hardest word game is exactly what the name says and is a game where players are required to guess the word based on a definition. As far as the development goes, I created the backend (leaderboard, database, server, etc) along with some minor JS and CSS. @IMightBeMe also greatly helped with this project and almost entirely made the frontend (HTML, API call, validation, CSS, etc) and also did some testing with the database.
- Generates random word and definition
- Validates word through both upper and lower case
- Uses repl auth for the leaderboard
- Saves score and uses ajax for smooth data sending
- Modern minimalistic CSS design
- Button to toggle leaderboard
- Clean loading screen
Note: The repl attached is just a link to the spotlight page due to team repls not having the ability to be shared. Also the repl might not always be on as it runs on flask, so just run the repl and open in a new tab
Any feedback/comments would greatly be appreciated and either me or @IMightBeMe will get back to you.
problem is that many words have the same meaning so I input a word and it says "wrong"