REPL: Just 1 Bit
Play here (Chrome Only): https://repl-just-1-bit--ayn.repl.co/
Bit one of countless AI's being tested in an experiment being held by the mysterious
- 10 Levels (Including a boss fight!)
- 7 original sound tracks
- Grid movement
- Puzzle levels
- Typing speed (Rush) levels
- Unique gameplay
This is my first game Jam, and second game I have worked on so there were lots of issues and challenges along the way. These are some of my favorites:
- I spent hours (more than I should have) implementing the chess.js library into the game. But those are some of my proudest levels :) (6 and 8)
- Using my color library to recolor sprites through code (as seen in the boss levels by the boss color variations. Allows for a lot of creativity!
- Attempting to create a behavior tree (for the final boss) in the last two games of the Jam. AI is always so much fun!
- The many libraries I wrote for the game: Story (for the typing effect, as well as the as the ability to create story lines/sequences with my code), Grid library to create maps and grid areas in my maps with ease.
- I would say 90% of this was made in the last two weeks, so the grinding, late nights and many.. MANY red bulls along the way.
- Programmed by me (using JS and the Phaser 3 framework).
- Coin SFX by damienbeats on twitter
- Songs "Background Music Basic 1, 3 and 4" by damienbeats on twitter
- Songs "Drifting to Mars, Midnight Ride, Pondering Time, and Up to the stars" by Barret Griffy
- Art "Golem Pixel TopDown Asset Pack" by Heirey on itch.io
- Art "Animated Metal Monster" by Heirey on itch.io
- Art "Fire" Animations by Stealthix on itch.io
- Art "Pixel Chess" by From Chris on itch.io
- Art "Flying Demon" from Gothicvania Patreon's Collection by ansimuz on itch.io