How to Play
Money Maker is a text-based, incremental game. Work, hire employees, expand your business, and become a millionaire! Type the number that corresponds to the option on the menu.
How to Save
You can save your progress by choosing "Save password". Copy this text, save it in a file. Choose "Load password", then paste this text into the terminal to upload your progress.
Note: Do not use Ctrl+C or Ctrl+V to copy or paste your password. Using key shortcuts will interrupt the terminal. Instead highlight, right-click and choose "copy" or "paste".
Updates Since Posting
- Service now goes down when an employee quits.
- Player should still earn money when prices are high, but not too high.
- Monthly expenses have been lowered (twice).
- Customers and earnings are more consistent (less random).
- Prices of each upgrade increases by a smaller amount.
- Upgrading the business increases service by 2 instead of 1.
- You can buy lottery tickets by choosing Rest. There's a 1 in a million chance to win a million dollars!
I started making this right before the game jam started. I wanted to make my game cash-themed, so I decided to do a simple business game.
If you have any issues with the game, please let me know in the comments. So here it is! Enjoy and remember to upvote this post!
Great game! I created a python bot to spam 1 and enter (python can virtually press keys).
@Edgod Well I tried to turn it off and accidentally clicked on its file, and then it opened like 50 copies of itself (because it was pressing enter), and then I had to restart my computer (it froze my computer)...
I just want to mention that when you upgrade your business a lot then the price gets tiring to get to. Also I’m not sure what the employees do other than make you pay them lol.
Also I feel the more you upgrade your company then you can’t recieve small amounts of pay when you work like $.57 maybe like $10.