[GAME] Askew MAJOR UPDATE — Age of steel!
In this new version of Askew, you can build new structures, use new tools, craft new items and much more!
Here are the main new additions to the game:
- You can show/hide the chat with the
- You can see all crafting recipes by clicking on the
<in the upper-right and then selecting a category.
- New items and resources! Steel, ovens, steel walls, ash, workbenches, roofs, picks...
- Some items require that you are near other items to craft them. This is indicated by an item with a
+in the recipes menu. (For instance, to craft a wooden wall you must have 30 wood and be standing right next to an already placed workbench.)
- There are now multiple tools! You start off with a saw, which can be used to saw down trees and do other miscellaneous tasks. To get stone, you'll need to craft a pick, which can be obtained with 20 wood and being next to a workbench.
- To switch tools, just click on the desired tool in your inventory.
- Improved anti-hack! People hopefully have gotten tired of uselessly spamming the server anyway, but if you still are thinking about it please don't.
Getting a workbench set up is essential since almost everything now requires being near one. Getting a pick is also very helpful to craft more interesting items (you'll need stone).
You can obtain ash by extinguishing (removing) a fire.
Steel walls are more difficult to build, but they're also more difficult for others to tear down.
Enjoy! If you find any bugs please report them!
KNOWN BUG: If you craft too many types of items your inventory overflows. I'm working on a way of fixing this (dropping items).
IMPORTANT: Open the game in a new tab! If you don't, you'll end up spawning in the middle of nowhere, because I've implemented a security system to only allow players from the site itself.
@IHateUrGutsRepl It's never ok to fight back even when others try to fight you. Full-stop. (I don't mean that in a physical sense, obviously if someone is trying to physically harm you then do something, but for something virtual like repl talk it's not ok.)
If you really are doing this for school (which it's odd that you're just now mentioning this, but ok) then tell the mods that and have your teacher contact them as well.