Eggcoin - a cryptocurrency! Mine coins, and make transactions!
This is a cryptocurrency. Fork the code and follow the readme :
When first using this software you MUST:
blockchain.jsonin the root directory
- go to
personal_data.jsonand change details accordingly
- run program once, after the terminal says
Quit server with CONTROL C, click on the stop button and run once again.
- if you dont do the above steps, your peer will not be added to the network and your coins won't be recognised by everyone.
what is a cryptocurrency?
- honestly, I have like no clue. It is a bunch of coins that you give to someone else. It is like actual currency, except you dont need a bank or anything to make transactions. Think of cryptocurrency like digital cash (not the number on bank screen, actual physical notes and stuff).
- Lets say you want to buy some eggs. You go to the store and give them some cash. The cashier checks whether the notes you give him/her are fake or real. If they are real, the transaction is accepted and you get the eggs.
- wait no. that isnt what a cryptocurrency is. I forgot what I was typing out. A better analogy would be if you want some eggs, you give the cash to the cashier, everyone alive gets a copy of that note, everyone alive checks whether that note is real or fake. If the majority think it is real, you get the eggs. Now this note giving is a "transaction". To protect these transactions from being tampered with, we have blocks to keep these transactions in. Each time you mine a block, you do some work to secure it (this is called mining). If someone else wanted to tamper with a transaction in that block, they would have to do the work again, and since all the blocks after it are linked to that block, the person would then have to redo the work for every single block after that.
how do i mine?
- just follow the instructions I gave at the top and run the program, open the link and click on the mine link. The mining can take very long.
how do I make a transaction?
- click on the make transaction link and you will be greeted by a form. ask your friend for their public key. They will give you two parts of the key. Place the long part in the first public key input and the short part in the second. In the amount section, place a whole number of coins you want to give the person.
how do i find my public key?
- bruh. Just click on the link to get it.
- you guys tell me what to write here
If you all are having issues with forking, please contact me, I'll fix it all for you.
- issue solution number 1 - anything isnt working? just stop the repl and restart
- if it takes too long to start, it is because there are too many peers. easy fix - delete all peers except eggcoin.generationxcode.repl.co in
peers.json. Easier fix, contact me and add me to the multiplayer repl
- if it says lol die, it is completely normal
- if u want version 2, please say so.
- I am sorry for the bad styling
- want me to explain in depth how to make a cryptocurrency?
- I made the difficulty low, so it uses less resources and no actual money stuffs here pls
- can you all try not to mess with it?
- if you find the server randomly crashing, it's me. You all do all sorts of stuff to mess it up, i have to try and fix the code. This is the result of that salvaging
- I'm sleeping now, so any errors ocurring are all your fault and i'll fix them when i get up. Not that the system is perfectly working without all your mixing in it
- if you have ideas about design in css or anything, contribute PLEASE https://github.com/generationzcode/socoolblockchain
- if you want to run this and use my coins and play around with my node, use this link - https://replit.com/@generationXcode/Eggcoin
I want to see the run metrics
- https://replit.com/talk/learn/How-I-made-a-cryptocurrency-Eggcoin-and-how-you-can-part-1/140217 is the tutorial where you can learn more about how to make a blockchain.
- ok version 2 wont have any protocol changes, I would have to force everyone to follow them, I'll make a few more pages to show the blockchain and mining process and then I'm done with the project, unless a security issue occurs.
- great job guys, now we have too many peers. the program is running real slow. I'll update the protocols later.
- btw keep a backup of your keys from keys.json. If the keys reset (ur balance becomes 0, u can paste the old keys back
- great job whoever you are for RUINING the blockchain
- large issue guys. Our cryptocurrency servers dont have enough memory to handle really large files so we need a solution for this fast. The coin will otherwise fail. Log your answers in comments section mine is ijson
- i will fix this after im done with my physics practice paper. Then I will fix the network
- high probability of blockchain not working. currently trying to make version 2, that is better than this one. use, but it might not work.
- you people have spent all my eggcoin. try to mine some.
- AGAIN - nothing is going to work right now. I will release eggcoin version 2 with a good database then I'm done with eggcoin.
- people good at crypto and python, please dm me https://twitter.com/graphegg i need your help
- slightly working counterpart https://replit.com/@generationXcode/Eggcoin-2#README.md
- just because parts of it are working doesnt mean u can use it yet.
I have fixed this to a point at which it is usable. Please have fun. If you run into any errors, dont hesitate to make issues on github like many are right now and CONTRIBUTE. GUYS YOU HAVE TO CONTRIBUTE
if you operate a node, please keep pulling from the version control.
20 comments that i should remake it and i will. It will be better then. This was my first ever blockchain so it isnt very good.
no atom.io is worse cause it has a smaller community, meaning less extensions. Also you can't customize the top bar in atom meaning you are stuck with the white menu of all the options (I am talking about how electron puts that bar at the top on windows). In VSCode you can move that bar around. VSCode is clearly [email protected]
@JamesGordon1 dont worry, invalid links dont matter a lot. The version 1 itself is really buggy, so I'll revise the code and make it better and make use of django databases instead of using json files. The whole blockchain currently is in a mess, but you can still use it. Dont worry. oh god i just unloaded all the problems on u lol. have a great day.
you should probably use a (sql) database instead of using json files. it will make it faster to load, and easier to modify data.
is this real, like actual money? I hope it doesn't take up too much electricity to mine it like other cryptocurrencies
It showed this for a long time:
Watching for file changes with StatReloader Performing system checks...
Then it showed this
pls get rid of the lols (lol):
(die lol)The address http://Eggcoin-1.data.repl.co is wrong or offline. It has been removed from peers. (die lol)The address http://EvanHoge.Kourtet.repl.co is wrong or offline. It has been removed from peers. (die lol)The address http://Egcoin-1.JaxonRussell.repl.co is wrong or offline. It has been removed from peers. 86 79 blockchain deleted, new blockchain synchronising error lollol Error, blockchain is corrupted, please stop and restart the repl or let it continue. Contact generationxcode about this error if it persists.
And then i stopped the repl and ran it again, and got this:
(die lol)The address http://Eggcoin-1.data.repl.co is wrong or offline. It has been removed from peers. (die lol)The address http://EvanHoge.Kourtet.repl.co is wrong or offline. It has been removed from peers. (die lol)The address http://Egcoin-1.JaxonRussell.repl.co is wrong or offline. It has been removed from peers. 86 79 blockchain deleted, new blockchain synchronising
and then it just continuously printed out this statement:
error lollol Error, blockchain is corrupted, please stop and restart the repl or let it continue. Contact generationxcode about this error if it persists.
could you pls help me
and probably get rid of all the lols in the error lol
@generationXcode a crypto currency. Also there are some aspects of finiance that you must accept in order to continue:
- A currency only has value because we "agree" it does.
- The relative value of your currency will fluctuate based on distibution and amount so you want to control how easy it is to gain a coin.
- The system must be secured otherwise malicious users can MOVE the coins to their account.
You can help out if you want :D
@generationXcode Business studies :D and simple logic. When you look at lets say a new country, they have to decide about WHAT should be the currency. Raman noodles, Eggs, A piece of silver, gold, chickens and really anything could be.
Basically id argue it is not just a form of bartering, but it is bartering
@RahulChoubey1 yep, by that logic of both of ours, we can measure it's value based on rarity and the flow of currency (cough GameStop for example) once we do the
relative calculation to a currency like the Great British Pound (GBP) or the United States Dollar (USD), we can then use that converted currency to convert to other currencies as well.