Cytotron - Take your discord server to the next level
Cytotron is a powerful discord bot that will make your discord server way more active and way more fun. With built-in role handouts, googling, sha-256 encrypting, and more, you are sure to enjoy the bot.
This is my first discord bot. Thanks to the help of google and stackoverflow for helping me with this.
What are you waiting for? Go to the website and add the bot to your server!
If you have any feedback on the bot, please message me in discord at
LeviathanProgramming#2139 or contact me by email (on the website).
I will most likely stop answering comments on this repl after a while.
This is for the repl Jam on discord bots. I'm hoping to win $1000 in bitcoin!
To anyone confused this is how you get it up and running.
- go to discord dev portal: https://discord.com/developers/applications
- press new application
- after you press on new application name it.
- now you should see a screen with tabs on the left, press bot.
- in bot tab click add bot.
- now you should be on the bots profile, under its username press copy token PS: DONT SHARE THE TOKEN WITH ANYONE.
- fork this repl.
go to the secrets tab in the forked repl and create a new secret with the name of bot_token.
- now paste the token in to the value of the secret!.
- if you scroll down in the secrets tab you should see a way to add the secret to your code, press that.
- it should work now.
- wanna add it to your server?
12 go to Oauth2 tab in the application page.
- copy the bots id.
- once youve done that click on the drop down and select a server! you should be all done!
I would totally use this in my discord servers, but my school has decided that Discord, and anything else someone might enjoy, are unacceptable and need to be blocked. The website looks good though, I like the color scheme.
Neat, but I see the biggest problem of all Python projects. Control Flow. So many if/else/if-else and try-expects. Maybe spilt it all into separated functions and wrap those in a try-except function? Also consider classes for the different operations?
Also the requests lib is synchronous, try using aiohttp and asyncio so it isn't blocking?
Lastly, do you need to change line 378? I'm not all too familiar with Discord API but that URL schema looks fixed so it won't work on forked instances...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 647, in <module>
File "/opt/virtualenvs/python3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/discord/client.py", line 723, in run
File "/opt/virtualenvs/python3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/discord/client.py", line 702, in runner
await self.start(*args, **kwargs)
File "/opt/virtualenvs/python3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/discord/client.py", line 665, in start
await self.login(*args, bot=bot)
File "/opt/virtualenvs/python3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/discord/client.py", line 511, in login
await self.http.static_login(token.strip(), bot=bot)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strip'