Canvas Platformer - HTML Canvas Game Engine
I have been working on this for about a year and have finally brought it into a semi-playable state.
This is for creating your own levels or adapting the source code to fit your own game.
• The tileset is blank squares - I don't know the fix for this other than hit refresh a few times
• Level loading is messed up sometimes (you'll see it in the first level), trying to fix this
• This is not meant for mobile, (1080p screen may be required) since I got too far in the HTML design that it was too late to turn back. Also resizing the canvas doesn't seem like a feasible option.
• Select a tile and drag it on the screen to duplicate the block
• Press ESCAPE or Right Click to cancel
• Click an existing tile to move it
• Click an existing tile and press DELETE to delete an existing tile
You can organize your objects into different layers to make them appear distant with a different scrolling speed, or change the order in which they appear.
You must have at least one layer to put objects into, and it must be selected before you place any objects in the game.
Things I have on the roadmap:
• In-game UI elements (health bars, HUD)
• Particle effects
• Interactible objects (doors, ladders, level transitions)
• A better level loading system (65k lines for a simple level is a bit much)
• Maybe my own music
Source code - I programmed just 99% everything here (there are some functions that have a link to the page I got it from)
Tileset/Artwork - https://opengameart.org/content/generic-platformer-tiles
Stickfigure - I made the stick figure (and I'm proud of my stick figure
Sounds - I made the sounds using audacity