SortaCraft! [0.8 Alpha]
It's been almost one year since SortaCraft was released.
Hang in there, SortaCraft 2 is still coming!
Preview - https://sortacraft2.sortagames.repl.co/
This page will not be updated until I release Survival Mode.
Coming Soon: Beta!
How To Play
Click on the crosshair to lock your pointer
W A S D to move around
Scroll to change block
Space to go up
Right click to place, left click to break
Baconman321 has collaborated with me on this project and has cut the loading time of chunks in half! Minor optimizations have also been made.
I have also reintroduced realistic lighting and optimized shadows to the game, making cave exploration, terrain, and buildings more visually interesting. A better offline cache system and versioning is in the works, along with sprinting (which I may warn you, is quite buggy at the moment). There is also a new menu you can access by pressing `. This menu allows you to change the material type of all chunks, and will greatly improve performance on lower-end devices.
The game has been optimized further, and the "plastic" look has been removed. Offline support is being worked on.
Q and A
- The game is REALLY slow. Can you make it faster? Press ` (backtick) to change the graphics setting.
- How do I change block? Scroll up and down.
- It's so hard to look around. A: Make sure your pointer is locked(click)
- It's so hard to place/break. A: It is a bit difficult to break/place on a touchpad. Try a mouse.
- Why is it taking so long to place/break blocks? A: Please use a different computer.
- Why can you jump so high? A: I'm lazy
- Why is the sand biome all slabs? A: I need to fully implement half blocks
@Baconman321 Missed the shadows part of the comment :)
I’ve tried cascading shadow maps before on the game, and they do work (and really well). I don’t know if the implementation is still in the code (just commented out) or not, the problem I was having with the shadow map was that lighting wasn’t updating with shadows (lights wouldn’t work). And yes, I should be able to fine tune cave systems as it’s an easy task. Thank you for the feedback!