💻 App to ✏️ make your own adventure games! 🎮
A tool for making your own choose-your-own-adventure games!
So you can spam Repl Talk with even less effort!
This is another small fascination of mine: a way of easily building multiple-choice adventure games. You can create a game using the graphical app, and then share it using a configuration file. What can you make? Share your creations in the comments!
A game is made up of nodes, which is like a scene in your adventure. Nodes have children, which are the options the player can take. I've built an example game for demonstration purposes.
- Open the site (Obviously)
- You now have a blank project. At the moment, there is nothing there, but you can test it by pressing "Test" in the toolbar at the top.
- Add a description to your scene! Edit the text which says "Scene description" on the left, and test it again.
- Start adding choices! Press "Add option": these options are shown to the user when they are in that scene. If you test it, you can see how that works.
- Once you're finished, press "Export" in the toolbar. You'll get a file downloaded, and a popup will appear. Create a new HTML repl, and upload the file to it. Copy the repl's URL, and go to the play site and paste the URL in. Enjoy!
- Added keyboard shortcuts, thanks to #xxpertHacker for the suggestion