[UPDATE!][Game] Survive2D: will you survive? (prob not)
hello go HELLO HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
don't worry your progress won't be removed (hopfully):
- fixed the tabs thing now time won't pass if you are not playing
- added a leaderboard that you can enter by sending a screenshot of the number of days you survived
- there is arrows pointing towards enemies that are outside the window
- you heal when you kill enemies
- random bug fixes
yes you can tell i ACTUAllY lisened to the feedback, (about the "i'm too busy to update the game" thing, a blender render was taking too long so added the most requested stuff while it's rendering to not waste time)
added a pause menu, also keybinds for the tools, fixed some bugs :D
oh and also added a footer for all the smart people that exposed me, :P
also thanks for all the updoots i guess, i mean 170+ i think this is my most updooted post lmao, (because it's no where near the most post i've put effort into)
you know what day it is...
enemies now are slower at the day, and to make things fair for them they are a bit faster at night
added a grenade launcher
running on floor makes you faster so now floors are actuall usefull
ou can open and close the pause menu using the p in your keyboard
i maybe added other stuff but i forgot so yeah..
didn't add a mini map, i changed my mind for various reasons
netlify app will be updated in a couple of minutes
so your old screenshots won't count bacause the game was update too much
you move with the arrow keys or WASD, you shoot/build/attack using your mouse.
you unlock a tool by clicking on it, it will show you the tool stats as well as the tool price, after that, you can upgrade it by clicking on it while it's selected. if nothing happens then the tool is maxed.
you can also sell building by clicking them while selecting a building tool,
your goal is to survive for as many days as you can, so be aware the zombies and the demons, you can camp, you can fight, you can run do whatever it takes to survive, your health regenerates when it's daytime and you killed all the enemies.
this is a quick thing i made for two reasons:
- i wanted to fix the abomination that was this game, i mean, the buildings don't stick to a grid???!! it was so stupid, i didn't play his game but i liked the idea. 2D survival game with building and shooting elements..
- i wanted to practice typescript so i can move on to postegres and react with typescript and stuff
why? learning new tech is the best! because the more you learn the more insane stuff you can make, you aren't bound anymore by the limitations of tech you know now, for example, if you don't know nodejs (or a backend tech) you can't make an online game, if you don't know design principles you can't make a beautiful app, if you didn't box2D or matterjs you can't make an accurate physiscs simulation, the more you learn the more "boundless" the stuff you can make became.