Skip to content
← Back to Community
HTML Tutorial 1 part
Profile icon
GDSuperMoonX

So you are in HTML tutorial.

The default code that you see in html repl is this:

<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <meta charset="utf-8"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width"> <title>repl.it</title> <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /> </head> <body> <script src="script.js"></script> </body> </html>

About JavaScript and CSS we talk in other post.

Yeah cool but i want to know more!

Okay! There list of headings>

<h1>Text here</h1> <!-- Most big header --> <h2>Text here</h2> <!-- Some smaller than H1 header --> <h3>Text here</h3> <!-- Smaller than H2 header. --> <h4>Text here</h4> <!-- Smaller than H3 header. --> <h5>Text here</h5> <!-- Smaller than H4 header. --> <h6>Text here</h6> <!-- Most small header. -->

Headings

You can also just type text, but the paragraph tag can set the class or id of it (Requies for CSS).
Example:

<p class="className" id="idName">Text Here</p>

You will see this as

Paragraph

The <main> tag is useless, So we skip it.

How to do bold and italic text?

For bold text you need to use tag <strong>.

For italic you need CSS.

Example of <strong> tag

Strong tag

It very looks like text type of headings.

Do you want to make buttons?

Easy.

Use tag <button> for buttons.

Example:

<button>Example button</button>

It will show like this:

Button tag

Having problems like this?

Problem

Then use the <br> tag!

Example:

Hi <br> How are you?

You will see this with br tag.

Br tag

This been first part.

Bye! The next part is soon!

Check the full page at https://RemorsefulTurquoiseLicenses.gdsupermoonx.repl.co.

Also if i did something wrong then comment it.

Voters
Profile icon
Nitinrohila
Profile icon
sharko212
Profile icon
GDSuperMoonX
Comments
hotnewtop
Profile icon
Kookiez

I really honestly feel like this is cycle squeezing. Make a whole tutorial please.

Profile icon
NoNameByProgram

Solving mistakes with my perspective:

  1. Making text italic can be used with the <em> tag or the <i> tag. (<em> tag reccomended)
  2. Also, what do you mean by:

You can also just type text, but the paragraph tag can set the class or id of it (Requies for CSS).

Please reply and fix these mistakes.

Profile icon
Kookiez

@NoNameByProgram Do you think this would be classified as cycle squeezing?

Profile icon
NoNameByProgram

@Kookiez 75% of me is sure, the other 25% is unsure if it's cycle squeezing.