Python or C?
Python or C?
So I just started learning C, I've learned Python for about 3 weeks and I would like to compare and contrast them a bit and give them both pros and cons.
For this demo, I will be making a Pin Verification program in both Python and C. The objectives are:
- Ask for a Pin
- Save the Pin
- Print the Pin
- Ask for the Pin
- Say if their Pin is correct or not
So a pretty simple program.
In python, this took 7 lines.
In C, this took 16 lines.
Pros and Cons
- Python is Easy to Learn
- Python usually takes less time and fewer lines of code to write.
- Python can easily make variables and inputs
- You can not make "big" software with Python, for example, you can not make a full operating system with just Python.
- More people know python so there is a higher chance of someone already making/made what you want to make.
- You can make "big" software such as full operating systems and large programs.
- Fewer people know C as it is harder to learn which means you have a lesser chance that someone is already making what you are making.
- It is confusing to learn C at first because there are lots of squiggly brackets and parentheses.
- It takes more time and lines to write a program.
- Just to make an input you have to print the question then use scanf to save it to the variable.
So, you tell me, what do you think is better. I equally like both. But you can do more with C but Python is easier to learn. Let me know what you think in the comments!