.replit with websites
I'm trying to import a Github repo based on HTML, CSS, and JS. The problem I'm having is that, because of how importing repos works, I don't see a way to configure the run config in the .replit file for "recompiling" the pages. Has this been done before?
Maybe just only put the "language" & not "run" in the .replit, and it should automatically open the index.html?
EDIT: That didn't work
@stringycheese Two years have passed since I originally posted this. The Node + Express agents are holding me as a prisoner in their HQ in California, and I can no longer remember the daylight. I am surrounded by broken sockets and unused NPM packages from projects that go unfinished. My only solace in this desolate atmosphere is the occasional HTTP 200 OK which breathes a new life into me.
Ok I don't understand the git hub run feature fully myself, and this probably not the documented way, but you could:
1) import the repo
2) select the correct language for and html repl
3) delete the replit file
4) assuming there's an index.html file, it should run perfectly fine
Now is this the correct way? Probably not. But in the mean time, it should work with reasonable effectiveness.
@AdCharity thanks for your post. Observation #4 made the difference. Let me contribute a little:
My findings are in line with AdCharity's observations and findings. Here's what I did:
- I wanted to fork and play with the examples from stage.js. I imported https://github.com/shakiba/stage.js. This resulted in https://repl.it/@kkwoo/stagejs
- For better or worse, I renamed .replit to QUARANTINE.replit
- At this point, I still couldn't get the URL https://stagejs--kkwoo.repl.co to display anything
- Took me a while to realise that there's no index.html at the root directory. I created one with an HREF to the demo I want to play
That allowed me to achieve my goal of playing the Orbit demo and tinkering with it. It's not perfect because I now need to visit my hacked up /index.html and click through the HREF to see any changes I've made to the Orbit demo. A potential next step is to clone example/game-orbit/index.html into /index.html and change the relative URLs accordingly.