Why did schools close replit or block it ???
So I have seen that many people are saying that replit was blocked by schools but no one that I know of has said why it was blocked so I hope they fix that problem.
There are a few reasons why schools have blocked Replit
- There's an online forum (this is the reason why my HS blocked it recently)
- It's distracting from the more important schoolwork
- Students can access things that they otherwise wouldn't be able to
There are probably more, but these are the one's I've heard in the past being a problem.
@CyberHacker101 Yeah I know we get paid the big bucks, that's sorta why I'm here lol.
But the truth is, when it comes time to apply to a software job, where are you gonna work? There are very few jobs where you only have to know programming and get away with it. You're more than likely gonna be working with another focus like:
- business (programmers who made Excel or TurboTax)
- engineering (Solidworks and other CAD software)
- math (All of Wolfram's stuff, MATLAB, etc.)
- or even history (ever wanted to work for the government?)
So tl;dr: maybe pay attention to not just your programming class.
SixBeeps is correct, however most schools don’t block repl.it on purpose. Most schools don’t block repl.it but block the websites created by repl.it (when you code with html5) the reason for this is that repl.it uses a reverse proxy. Schools block proxies automatically so you can’t bypass the restrictions and block repl.it thinking it’s a proxie.