Remaking the internet: raw sockets: PermissionError
I have challenged myself to rewrite the internet, not using packets, nothing premade (except computers and wires). I am doing this to get a better understanding of low-level networking systems. I need some guidance on this, please give some tips if you can. I know this is a large task and it will probably take me months.
I need help fixing issues with the repl link I put above.
I know I probably should not be doing this on repl.it, but, there are not other good text editors for iOS.
Thanks for your help!
- why are you using python for this
- wdym "not using packets", that's the data sockets send
- you're "not using packets" yet using the sockets lib?
- the internet isn't just some giant piece of code
- if you want to understand low-level networking, you can try making http servers in C/C++ or proxies/onion routing. There's no point in "rewriting the whole internet"
- repl doesn't allow for raw TCP sockets, you're out of luck here