I know that these questions have probably been answered, but is there a way to make a custom 404 page?
Heres how i did it.
Things to know before u do this
- It wouldn't be an HTML repl, rather a node.js repl
- you need to use something to keep your node.js server running, I used Cron Jobs
1) Download your HTML repl as a zip and unzip it.
2) Make a new Node.js repl and upload the unzipped folder.
3) Rename that uploaded folder to
4) At this point, make sure
README.md (if u have one) are in root. All other files should be in /public, including 404.js, 404.css, and index.html.
5) Inside of
index.js (The one in root. You should have 2 js indexes, one in /index.js and one in /public/index.js. The second one supports index.html, whereas the first one supports the server.) Enter this code
this should bring up your website.
Now we gotta keep the server alive
I used Cron Jobs
Once you login/signup, go to cronjobs. Make a new cron job. Enter your website domain in the first field. Unmark HTTP authentication. Set it to run every 1 minute. Save.
Note: Every time you wanna update the website, stop the repl and re run. if its not currently running, the website wont load.
This worked for me, and I hope it worked for you too. please upvote/mark this as correct If it did.